Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mum, Why Must You Be So Persistent?
























Aren't children individuals with a mind too?
Can't we think for ourselves the decisions we make with the foundation that you've set for us?
Do you not think we care for you?
GOD you guys can be so selfish sometimes.

I love you mum. I love you like how every other good child would.
I would cry and break down if you weren't here for me.
I KNOW I LOVE YOU.
BUT
Why do you act like this?
I have not done anything wrong.

Yes. I might be cheating myself by going online to play when exams are so close but you know what?
I MADE THIS DECISION.
Thing is: I KNOW I'M CHEATING MYSELF this way.
I KNOW I MIGHT NOT GET GOOD GRADES.

I don't need you to tell me that.
I know what I'm doing.

Sometimes I wonder if you even realize I'm not a child anymore.
I'm not a kid anymore.
I'm a teenager.
A young adult.

I have brain and a sound mind.
I can think for myself.
And I already have thought of the consequences.
So can I just do this without having you nagging at me of the things that I already know?
Do you know how frustrating it is sometimes but I have to hold back when you nag because I don't want something inexplicably bad to happen?

YEAH. YOU DON'T KNOW.
Which is why I'm telling you now.
I'm old enough to think.
To actually use my brain.

So you don't need to be my brain for me anymore.
You can be part of my heart instead. And I will certainly always have a place for you there.
I love you.
And that's all you have to know and control.

No comments:

Post a Comment